Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thursday a.m. Idea Post 10/01

The idea of taking part in a performance…All of the components that are involved are important to the future success of my work. Seeing your performance from an outsider’s perspective is something that I have been thinking a lot about lately and how it can change the experience of the audience while attending a performance. The shape of the frame could potentially aid in explaining to the audience where they are and also be the deciding factor in how displaced they may feel from what is going on. When in reality they are the ones who have created this framing device and viewpoint. When I set my mind more on the audience and concentrate on what they see, I am finding that it really makes me want to incorporate the outside life and its dynamic environment into my performances. I am envisioning an upcoming performance set in a fast upbeat environment such as a very busy intersection on a main road in Richmond. With this vision, I am seeing how the performer reacts and interacts to the changing environment that is ultimately being created by the performer’s audience. The first installment of this collection from last semester was set in controlled settings where there were usually one or two people who made up the audience. What about making these performances public and gaining momentum and energy from the audience involvement? How can it bring about many unexpected changes to what I think will be the end result in my performances?

No comments:

Post a Comment